|Home>||Managing Health & Safety||>Decontamination Showers||>Shower activation video|
Shower activation video
13 December 2021
IF YOU'VE purchased a safety shower or eye/face wash you need to ensure the unit has been installed according to ANSI and EN standards, is within 20 metres or 10 seconds reach of the hazard and is easily identifiable and free from obstructions.
You need to make sure all employees know where to find these units and know how to activate a safety shower or eye wash in an emergency.
European and International standards outline recommended performance requirements for industrial safety showers which includes a focus on ensuring personnel who may be exposed to hazardous materials are instructed on the safe and proper use of the emergency safety equipment and advised of its location.
Hughes Safety Showers has released a video showing the different activation types: https://www.hughes-safety.com/gb/hub/how-to-activate-a-safety-shower-or-eye-face-wash/
- Emergency shelter
- Freeze-protected safety showers
- Mitigating the risks of harmful chemicals
- Are your safety showers ready for winter?
- Showers boss shares secrets of success
- Protect lab workers from chemical burns
- Safeguarding against corrosive hazards
- Contamination in the workplace
- Anticipating hazards in the hospitality sector
- Drilling down into chemical hazards in the mining industry