Home >Cardinus Connect – The Travel Issue, Out Now.
Cardinus Connect – The Travel Issue, Out Now.
10 December 2019
Issue 14 of Cardinus Connect has landed with a bright, bold new look. In this issue Cardinus Connect tackles health, wellbeing and safety in travel.
Issue 14 of Cardinus Connect addresses the huge issues in travel, from health and wellbeing, to driver training and travel advice. In it, Cardinus travels across great spaces to bring you the best in thought-provoking opinion and expertise, top tips and insightful guidance. The lead article focuses on the mindfulness ergonomics in travel, the place where mindfulness and good ergonomics meet travel. Donna DeFalco, President of the Health Enhancement Company, gives Cardinus 10 powerful tips for introducing this into the way you travel, helping you to become grounded and healthy in an often chaotic and restless atmosphere.
Harry Bliss of Champion Health discusses the dangers of sleep deprivation for travelling staff and tells Cardinus of his WHEELS mnemonic that seeks to reduce fatigue and aid wellbeing. It’s really important for businesses to take seriously the impact of travelling on the health of their staff (whether it’s just a commute or longer business travel), and optimising sleep in the workforce can really help to improve performance, while helping people stay healthy.
Cardinus’ Security Director Andy Neal discusses the importance of training travellers when going to unfamiliar locations, like new cities or countries. With a large number of instances where travellers required consular assistance, it’s important that travellers feel supported. But more than that, our staff should have an underlying feeling of support and safety when we send them out to do business for the organisation, and part of that must come from basic travel training.
Connect also looks at self-care and stretches for travellers, driver training trends, disaster management, a view on the Travel Safety Management ISO, 25 years(!!) of Cardinus and discomfort and wellbeing when travelling.
A full list of articles and authors in Cardinus Connect Issue 14:
- Mindfulness ergonomics for traveling – Donna DeFalco, The Health Enhancement Company
- When Disaster Strikes – Jon Abbott, Cardinus
- The Power of Sleep – Harry Bliss, Champion Health
- Train the Traveller – Andy Neal, Cardinus
- Taking the Discomfort out of Travel – Nicholas Wujcik, ATI Worksite Solutions
- Setting the Standards in Travel Risk Management – Peter Kinselley, Cardinus
- Driver Behaviour Trends – David Crangle, Transpoco
- Self-Care and Stretches for Frequent Business Travellers – Kate DeMoss, DORN
- Direction of Travel – Andy Hawkes, Cardinus