|Home>||Managing Health & Safety||>Noise Monitoring||>Cirrus launch dBActive smartphone app|
Cirrus launch dBActive smartphone app
10 January 2019
Noise monitoring specialist Cirrus Research is launching its new dBActive smartphone app to enhance its popular Optimus+ sound level meter range.
Available for both iOS and Android devices, it adds a range of new connectivity and functionality to the Optimus+ thanks to the latest Bluetooth technology.
As part of a raft of enhancements, measurements can be started, paused and stopped remotely, so the instrument can be used from up to 10 meters away – perfect for potentially dangerous or inaccessible areas.
The live measurement data can be viewed for all parameters, as well as the live octave band information. The connectivity will also allow previous measurement data from the connected instrument to be viewed and instrument settings to be seen and changed.
Already a market leader in the noise monitoring and acoustic market, the Optimus+ sound level meter boasts a new ergonomic keypad with easier navigational tools, a new screen and enhanced audio quality. It features a range of different in-built functions that can be adapted for specialist use, such as vehicle noise.
“The new dBActive smartphone app for the Optimus+ will undoubtedly help make life a lot easier and safer for anyone who works in the noise monitoring sector,” said Tony Towle, Cirrus’ Marketing Manager. “The new addition of Bluetooth technology will give our customers a smoother user experience and connectivity assurance – a must when you are working in remote or external locations.”
“The dBActive App is now available from both Google Play and the App Store,” he added. “Combined with the Optimus+ following its latest upgrade, we have a product pairing that continues to set the standard in occupational health advancements.”
Other Key Optimus+ features include:
- Large screen making the data incredibly easy to read
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold shape designed for ease of use
- Available as either a Class 1 or a Class 2 instrument
- No complicated setup procedure – just switch on, calibrate and start measuring
- Operating temperature between-10°C to +50°C and up to 95% humidity.
Find out more here; https://now.cirrusresearch.com/optimus/ or go to www.cirrusresearch.co.uk
- Christmas noise – what measures up in deci-bells
- Cirrus Research making noise about doseBadge5 at NEC Health & Safety Event 2017
- 40th celebrations
- Advantage card relaunched
- A 15 year warranty from Cirrus Research - now that's something to shout about
- Analyse and report noise easily
- Cirrus Research training expanded to include Noise at Work Awareness course
- Ear splitting record
- Cirrus Research to unveil new doseBadge Mark V
- Cirrus Research receives accolade at this year's Safety & Health Expo