The Hand Protection Assessment Survey from Polyco
21 October 2015
Hands and fingers are the second most common type of injury occurring in the workplace. Selecting the most appropriate hand protection will help safeguard your employees against unavoidable hazards and support your organization’s steps towards improved health and safety practices.
The Hand Protection Assessment Survey (HPAS®) from Polyco is an ideal starting point to ensuring your employees and business are protected from the risk of injury. With such a wide choice available, the process of hand and arm protection selection is becoming increasingly complex. Specialist PPE distributors are therefore calling upon manufacturers with greater frequency to provide hand protection audits and surveys.
A Polyco Hand Protection Assessment Survey will:
- Provide a documented process to support your risk assessment procedures
- Help ensure your organisation complies with the current EN standards and legislation, in particular, "The use of Personal Protective Equipment Directive 89/656/EEC"
- Provide a detailed report highlighting the most appropriate specifications of hand and arm protection
- Identify the areas where improvements can be made both from a cost and best practice perspective
- Will be undertaken by glove industry experts
- Will be conducted with no obligation to trial or buy
- Will help safeguard against expensive injury claims and time lost due to staff absents through injury
The survey is free for all organisations with more than 50 gloves users. To arrange an appointment for a Hand Protection Assessment Survey email HPAS@polyco.co.uk