Construction site operating procedures updated
22 June 2020
THE CONSTRUCTION Leadership Council (CLC) have updated their Site Operating Procedures to incorporate a number of technical changes as a result of the recent Government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Construction and Other Outdoor Work.
Now on version 4, the changes to the Site Operating Procedures are minimal, but we would like to draw members’ attention to the following key points:
- Removal of the requirement for face-to-face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less;
- The section on PPE now links to the latest Government guidance on face-to-face coverings;
- References to one way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables;
- An update on portable toilets;
- Clarification on when to travel to work;
- Update on wording on social distancing.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has also published a statement on how it will maintain its regulatory functions as businesses return to work. This will include conducting visits to business premises and sites in line with social distancing regulations, as well as targeted proactive inspection work of high-risk industries including construction. Find out more by vising the HSE website – click here.