|Home>||Premises||>Risk Management||>Go for Zero: The Guidebook for managing safety risks|
Go for Zero: The Guidebook for managing safety risks
23 October 2017
Every workplace accident generates cost, and potentially includes a severe human toll that impacts morale and productivity.
Managing safety risks to prevent workplace accidents from happening is both a humane and an economically sound strategy to protect or even improve company profitability.
Brady’s guidebook provides an insight in the main safety risks in industrial sectors, includes components and tips to create a Go for Zero safety programme and presents tools to implement it on the workfloor.
Table of Contents:
The cost of workplace accidents
Main industrial safety risks
A safety policy
- Management commitment
- Safety communications
- Hazard assessment & control
- Safety & Health training
- Safety planning, rules & work procedures
- Accident investigation
Safety management system
- Evaluation of risk assessment
- Deming cycle
- A practical example
Go for Zero tools
- Lockout/Tagout, Safety signs, Area marking, Pipe marking, Visual Tagging, Spill control
- Safety identification printers and Safety software
Go for Zero
By creating a safety policy, implementing a continuous improvement safety management system and providing safety tools on the workfloor, the basic conditions are set for your Go for Zero safety programme.
‘Go for Zero’, ‘Goal Zero’, ‘Zero accidents’or ‘Zero unsafe behaviour’ are bold statements that are used to decidedly illustrate a workplace safety ambition. While we encourage ‘Go for zero’ as an ambition, strategy or mindset, we do not advise it as a target because it is the journey that matters, not the destination.
- Take control of site inspections with solutions from Scafftag
- Safety is personal
- Prevention is better than cure
- Safety signage app
- Safety solutions
- Sign and label printer
- Prevent accidents with full Lockout/Tagout solutions from Brady!
- Save lives with lockout for large gate valves!
- Print lean & safety signs on-site. Download the 5S-Plus Guide!
- Signage makes safe and efficient: 16 visuals to increase safety and efficiency