Machinery seminar on the menu
23 September 2015
Pilz is holding a free machinery safety seminar on 5 November for the food, beverage & tobacco industry.
The one day seminar will be held at Chesford Grange Hotel, Kenilworth, Coventry and will cover a wide range of machinery safety topics such as:
• Legislative framework that affects OEM's and End Users
• Standards & Directives including EN ISO 14119, with an introduction to C standards
• Practical example of complete safety solution for a packaging machine including;
• Application of EN 415 packaging machine standards
• Risk Assessment & Safety Concept
• Requirements for use of light curtains
• Verification & validation of safety functions
• Mechatronic approach to implementing safety requirements with a Pilz PSS 4000
• Technology innovations
• Pilz safety services & training courses
David Collier CMSE commented; "This seminar is designed for engineers and health & safety staff, with the aim to provide a practical example of how a typical end of line packaging machine could be risk assessed and made safe.”The event will be run by a selection of Pilz’s Machinery Safety experts from the safety services, motion control and safety & automation solutions team, who will be on hand during the day to discuss any applications or questions that delegate’s may have.
There will also be an opportunity to get to grips with some of Pilz’s hardware and software including the configurable control system PNOZmulti 2, the programmable Safety PLC PSS 4000 and Pilz’s range of configurable light curtains along with their configurator software. The PAScal Safety Calculator will also be demonstrated showing how to calculate safety functions in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 / EN 62061.For more information or to book your place email email@example.com or call 01536 460766