|Home>||Events||>The Health & Safety Event 2017||>The Health & Safety Event review|
The Health & Safety Event review
26 April 2017
Visitors to The Health & Safety Event on 21 to 23 March enjoyed a wider array of seminars, features and exhibitors than ever before.
The 2017 conference, which took place at Birmingham NEC, provided professionals from all over the UK with an unparalleled insight into the latest trends and developments affecting the health and safety sector.
Organiser Western Business Exhibitions expanded the event, adding new features to the programme and building more alliances with industry organisations to ensure a valuable visitor experience.
The event shared its location with three other exhibitions that represent related industries – Maintec 2017, Facilities Management 2017 and the newly-launched Fire Safety Event, which made its debut this year – enabling visitors to maximise the value of their visit to the NEC.
Visitors were invited to provide feedback on the event and were unanimous in their appraisal.
- "The mock trial was a great opportunity to view how a trial would go and it was obvious that the staged defendant could've been a real company, especially when they tried to place blame elsewhere."
- "If you think that SHE is boring I suggest visiting this excellent event next year. It was well-organised, lively and very enjoyable. There were some great demonstrations and some very enthusiastic, positive people manning the stands. Some very good products and services on display too. Really enjoyed it!"
- "This event is a must for all people who work in the health and safety arena. The stalls and people on them were lovely and everywhere was very clean. There were a multitude of stalls at the event covering Water Hygiene, Construction, Ergonomics, Working at Height, PPE and lots of others. I would recommend it to all and I will be visiting the event next year."
- "I use this event to catch up with new suppliers and arrange to meet them there to view there products prior to purchase. I also make new contacts, my subject I want to research this year was lone working. I was able to check out four various approaches, the one I least expected came up top when visiting the stands."
- "As a first time visitor I found attending the event most worthwhile with an eclectic range of exhibitors exhibiting in a relaxed and easily navigated environment with ample refreshment facilities within the hall. I will definitely be returning next year."
- "I went under duress for work but found the event really valuable. I have come away with some great solutions to some issues that have been rumbling around for a while. Some of the products available I didn't even know were available so I wouldn't have even thought to look for them as a solution. One of the more valuable days away from the office that I have had in a long time - it was also helpful to have so much in one place."
- "I think the balance of conference sessions and access to the exhibition was just right enabling the most relevant conferences to be attended whilst having the benefit of good engagement and understanding of products with exhibitors."
- "This was my first visit to the event and I was impressed with the quality and range of suppliers and the relevance of the topics covered by the speakers. For a newly appointed H&S professional, the event was a goldmine of useful information. Will definitely be there in 2018!"
- Return of the Lions' Lair...
- Lions' Lair panel unveiled
- Safer Logistics showcases educational talent at The Health and Safety Event 2016
- Event to improve health & safety in Scotland
- Deadline extended to enter the Safety & Health Excellence Awards
- Industry associations support The Fire Safety Event
- Lone Worker Theatre to debut at The Health and Safety Event
- Join the debate: it’s time for a dialogue on safety
- BSIF announces new key strategic partnership
- Safety & Health Excellence Awards opening for entries
- Free health & safety seminars and exhibition
- Facilities Management announcement
- Scotland Works coming to Glasgow
- The Health and Safety Event Preview 2017
- BSIF selects Health & Safety Event as platform for launch of best practice initiatives
- An eye on rack safety
- Defibrillator partnership
- Light eyewear
- See software experts
- Pedestrian trucks on show