|Home>||Managing Health & Safety||>Noise Monitoring||>Eastern promise|
28 November 2016
Cirrus Research has secured the biggest order in its 46-year history, supplying noise monitoring equipment to an Indian police force.
The Yorkshire-based noise monitoring specialist, which manufactures and supplies a range of personal and environmental noise monitoring devices, clinched two contracts almost simultaneously after a tough international tender process. The team is supplying the Maharashtra Police force in India with 627 of its Optimus Red sound level meters, all due to be shipped out before Christmas.
Maharashtra Police is the law enforcement agency responsible for the Indian state and is headquartered in Mumbai. It is one of the largest police forces in the country with over 190,000 officers, made up of around 35 district police units. Maharashtra is in the western region of India, the third-largest state with the world's second-most populated regions.
The Optimus Red kits will be used for a variety of functions, including the monitoring of noise pollution on the region’s cityscapes, congested roads, as well as at festivals and street celebrations. The Optimus Red was selected as it is suited to the multitude of tasks ahead.
- Take your noise monitoring programme to the next level
- A word on sound level meter apps
- Spotlight on Optimus+ Sound Level Meters
- New feature to shout about at Health & Safety North 2017
- Noise at work: topping the wrong kind of poll
- Music to the ears
- You had the questions about noise measurementâ€¦Cirrus Research had the answers
- Taking sound to the cloud with Quantum from Cirrus Research
- 15 year warranty
- Success for Cirrus