Health & safety report books
08 September 2015
Construction Industry Publications (CIP) has revised and published its popular range of health and safety report books in line with recent updates to construction legislation.
The five books cover Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Scaffolding, the PUWER and LOLER regulations, and Training. The sixth in the series, Record of Induction will be published by the end of September. The books cost £5.95 + vat each and and can be purchased via the CIP website www.cip-books.com or by calling 0870 078 4400.
- The Scaffolding register records the information required for reporting the results of inspections carried out under the Work at Height Regulations 2005 (WAH 2005) and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
- The PUWER register records the results of inspections carried out under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- The LOLER register is for reporting the results of inspections and thorough examinations of lifting equipment required under the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER).
- The PPE register allows companies to maintain a record of all PPE and details of any maintenance requirements provided to employees where necessary, under the Personal Protective Equipment at Work (PPE) Regulations 1992.
- Finally Health and safety training is required under a range of legislation, for example; Employers must provide information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees. (Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974); and more specifically, contractors must not employ or appoint a person to work on a construction site unless that person has, or is in the process of obtaining, the necessary skills, knowledge, training and experience under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. The Training Report Book helps keep a record of any training provided to employees.
This series of report books can assist companies in keeping and maintaining good health and safety reporting procedures as part of their overall Health and Safety Policy.