Home >Nick Clegg visits Hughes
Nick Clegg visits Hughes
03 June 2014
During a visit to the Hughes Operations Centre in Stockport, Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg, met deputy managing director Peter Evans and other Board members to discuss issues of particular interest to the Company.
They included doing business within Europe, the role of British exporters globally and, closer to home, the value of modern apprenticeships.
Nick Clegg was said to be particularly interested to hear about Hughes’ involvement in Europe and welcomed the assistance given by the local Business Innovation and Skills team in support of the Company’s drive to boost exports. Group sales director Paul Darlington explained how Hughes has worked closely with the Government department and expressed appreciation for their assistance to successfully explore new markets worldwide. Discussions also included Hughes’ plans to open a sales office and factory in China and efforts to grow the business in North America.
MORE FROM THIS COMPANY
- Wireless capabilities
- Decontamination showers
- Hygiene facilities vs safety showers
- Why do I need to activate my safety showers and eye/face washes weekly?
- Safety showers are available to hire
- Mitigate common dangers in the pulp and paper industry
- Are you using your safety showers and eye washes effectively?
- Safety showers for the fertiliser industry
- Protecting people in the printing industry
- Shower activation video
- No related articles listed
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION