|Home>||Industry Update||>Company News||>Pulsar Instruments celebrates 50 years|
Pulsar Instruments celebrates 50 years
12 February 2019
Pulsar Instruments is celebrating its 50th anniversary and in this time has contributed significantly to a change in the way noise, and in particular noise at work, is currently monitored, helping protect worker’s hearing and improving the quality of their environment.
The original design group was responsible for a number of world firsts and key innovations in the field of noise measurement including being the first company to display the maximum sound exposure time allowed on a coloured scale as well as the actual sound level – a revolutionary idea at the time but now relied upon by Health and Safety professionals around the world and since replicated by all of their competitors.
It also pioneered the use of integrated circuitry in place of discrete transistors and fitted it all into a beautiful moulded case. It was also one of the first companies to include a quasi-rms circuit to meet the then standard of IEC 123 and the original Pulsar Acoustic Calibrator was the most copied instrument in the field.
- Buy noise meters online
- New Pulsar Noise Awareness Courses increase understanding of measurement and control of noise in the workplace
- Stellar launch for new Pulsar sound level meter range
- The best of British
- Robust sound level meter
- Save up to 30% on a new sound meter
- Time to trade-in your old sound level meter at Pulsar Instruments
- No fuss noise measurement
- Noise awareness dates
- Simple-to-use sound level meter