|Home>||Industry Update||>People on the Move||>Re-appointments and extensions on HSENI board|
Re-appointments and extensions on HSENI board
22 June 2020
ECONOMY MINISTER Diane Dodds has announced the re-appointments of the Chair and two board members of the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) for a second three year term, effective from 1 April 2020.
The re-appointees are Mr Derek Martin, Chair, Mr Tom Wright and Mr Harry Sinclair. The Minister has also announced the extensions of appointment to the board until 30 April 2021 for five current members: Deputy Chair Mrs Hilary Singleton, Mr John Kane, Mr Maynard Mawhinney, Mr William Graham and Ms Lindsey Smith.
Commenting on the re-appointments and extensions, the Minister said: “I would like to thank the Chair and each of the board members for agreeing to remain for a second three year term and the Deputy Chair and board members for agreeing to extend their terms.
“I am confident that the skills and experience that each individual brings will continue to contribute significantly to the vital work undertaken by the HSENI, especially at this time as we work to help rebuild and refocus our local economy in wake of coronavirus.”
The re-appointments and extensions have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland.
- Workplace wellness
- Reduce MSDs and handle plasterboard with care
- TUC wants asbestos removal plans in place
- ORR warns rail industry to refocus on safety
- Registered Safety Supplier Scheme shortlisted for award
- ONS statistics show construction suicide increase
- Health & safety managers have a lot on their plates
- £800k fine after employee suffers serious burns
- Course to address cellar gas safety
- Driver fatally injured while loading flatbed trailer