Home >The winners of IIRSM’s Risk Excellence Awards 2018
The winners of IIRSM’s Risk Excellence Awards 2018
31 May 2018
The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) has announced the winners of its inaugural Risk Excellence Awards.
Entries were submitted from across the globe by organisations of all sizes and sectors, demonstrating how risk management isn’t just something for larger commercial firms.
The highly commended and winners are:
Barry Holt Award for Outstanding Risk Management Practice
- Winner: Gauged Solutions in partnership with Suez Recycling & Recovery UK
- Highly Commended: The Health and Safety Risk Management team at ITV
John Bennett Award for Exceptional Young Person of the Year
- Winner: Louis Simo, Multiplex Construction Europe
- Highly Commended: Sinéad Gorman, Ashview Consultants
Best Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Winner: Health & Wellbeing team at Landsec
- Highly Commended: Centrica
Best SME Risk Initiative
- Winner: Power Electrics (Bristol)
- Highly Commended: Star Events
Best International Risk Initiative
- Winner: Hugh Maxwell, (formally HSE director at Vesuvius)
IIRSM’s President’s Commendation
- Winner: Dr. Jaber Eidha Al Jaberi of Occupational Safety and Health Center Abu Dhabi
The Risk Excellence Awards took place on Thursday 24th May at Church House, Westminster, London. The ceremony was hosted by Robin Kermode, who is one of Europe’s leading communications coaches and author of the best-selling book, ‘Speak so your audience will listen’. A member of BAFTA’s voting panel, and the voice of the ATP World Tennis Finals, Robin is very much in demand from business leaders and national politicians and is the body language expert for several national newspapers.
Jon Abbott of Cardinus Risk Management, the awards headline sponsor, said: “This year’s IIRSM Awards has shown the depth and breadth of talent within the safety and risk management industry. We’re proud to have supported the awards and congratulate all the winners across the categories who were announced yesterday. You truly did an excellent job.
"It was a tough competition and we saw many brilliant entries, which is a testament to the hard work put in by all entrants. The standard of the competition was very high and we want to say a big thank you to everyone who put the time in to apply and highlight their contribution to the industry. We hope to see you next year.”