|Home>||Industry Update||>Company News||>Experts welcome review of regulations and fire safety|
|Home>||Premises||>Fire Safety||>Experts welcome review of regulations and fire safety|
Experts welcome review of regulations and fire safety
19 September 2017
“The Grenfell Tower tragedy must prompt a considerable step change in how fire risk in tower blocks is managed,” urged leading safety bodies in Britain.
The safety and health community came together as one to call for swift and urgent action and is pleased that many of the points it raised are found in the publication on 30 August 2017 of the terms of reference for the independent review of building regulations and fire safety, as well as those for the public inquiry.
Calls led by the British Safety Council, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents and Park Health and Safety have helped shape a way forward for the independent review that they welcome.
“The public inquiry and review must lead to measures that make sure solid regulations are robustly enforced and that fire safety competence is viewed as essential and integral to decision-making.
“Following a positive meeting with officials from key Government departments, we look forward to working with them and others to help maintain an effective and proportionate approach to regulation and competence in key areas of health, safety, fire prevention and building standards.
“We stand ready to support the Government’s efforts for improved regulation and look forward to helping achieve effective and practical controls over risks, both in the workplace and in the wider public domain.”
- New Year’s Honours recognise health and safety champions
- A day in the life of Dr. Julie Riggs
- BSC supports HSE health and safety strategy
- A day in the life of Keith Sillitoe
- Free seminars from the British Safety Council
- British Safety Council celebrates 60 years of saving lives
- British Safety Council endorses Hillsborough disaster verdict: "Deaths were avoidable and unlawful"
- A day in the life of Louise Ward
- A day in the life of Spencer Lee
- Key speakers for seminars