|Home>||Breathing Safely||>Asbestos Management||>Asbestos audit scores top marks|
Asbestos audit scores top marks
20 November 2013
Hertel, the multi-discipline construction and maintenance services company, has achieved 100% in an audit of asbestos procedures by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA). It is only the second time that the Association has awarded a full rating.
A mandatory requirement of TICA membership, the audit is carried out by the association’s Asbestos Control and Abatement Division, which works closely with the Health and Safety Executive and other government bodies.
TICA selected the Hinkley A nuclear power station in Somerset to carry out the audit, where Hertel was involved in the project for the removal, handling and storage of more than 200 tonnes of asbestos waste.
MORE FROM THIS COMPANY
- Real time asbestos detection
- Asbestos: Manage or remove?
- Office expansion
- School and glass contractor fined for asbestos failings
- Speedy system
- Worker in court after asbestos exposure
- Asbestos: 1.3million at risk?
- Stuart Pearce blows whistle on dangers of asbestos
- Call for careful monitoring to address issue of asbestos in schools
- Offshore platform warning
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION