|Home>||Health & Wellbeing||>Employee Assistance||>CHAS makes it quick & easy to find COVID-19 secure contractors|
|Home>||Premises||>Risk Management||>CHAS makes it quick & easy to find COVID-19 secure contractors|
CHAS makes it quick & easy to find COVID-19 secure contractors
13 July 2020
Supply chain risk management expert, CHAS, has added a Statement of Best Practice (COVID-19) to its member packages, to help anyone who engages contractors to immediately identify whether they are COVID-19 secure.
Organisations have had to rapidly adapt their working practices to operate safely during the coronavirus outbreak and CHAS’s Statement of Best Practice (COVID-19) helps to verify that these adjustments have been made in line with latest government and sector guidelines.
In order for a contractor to qualify as COVID-19 secure they must confirm, and where appropriate, evidence that they have taken three key actions which include:
- Producing and putting in place COVID19 specific risk assessments, method statements and controls
- Sharing the risk assessment with staff (and online for organisations of over 50)
- Displaying a notice to confirm they have complied with government guidance
- Construction related businesses must also indicate that they are following COVID-19 Secure Site Operating Procedures as detailed by the Construction Leadership Council.
For contractors to comply they simply need to login to the contractor portal and upload and submit evidence to show they meet the requirements. Meanwhile CHAS clients just log on to the CHAS Client Portal and they can instantly see whether a contractor has completed their Statement of Best Practice (COVID-19).
For organisations that aren’t already CHAS Clients, it is quick, easy and completely free to register and includes a range of business benefits from the ability to easily source compliant contractors by trade and region from a database of over 50 0000 to the availability of dedicated business services.
CHAS managing director, Ian McKinnon, said: “We recognise that organisations are looking for reassurance that everyone within their supply chain is operating to the required COVID-19 secure standards but we also know it’s extremely difficult for organisations to perform these checks independently – particularly while running on skeleton staff.
“The Statement of Best Practice (COVID-19) makes it easy for CHAS contractors to qualify for work whilst giving CHAS clients immediate visibility of a contractor’s COVID-19 secure status.”
Find out more at: www.chas.co.uk or call 020 8545 3838
- CHAS now part of Veriforce
- CHAS at Safety & Health Expo 2022
- CHAS launches workforce ID verification solution
- Embrace Common Assessment Standard, says CHAS
- Updated PPE Regulations: What you need to know
- CHAS launches plant management solution
- In the spotlight with Ian McKinnon
- CHAS welcomes Nyaisha Sullivan
- CHAS brings David Ford on board
- CHAS helps environmental charity