Home >Viper VMRCS
10 March 2020
To achieve optimum visual inspection of wire rope assets it is critical that old lubricant and contamination is removed from the outer strands and valleys of the rope, prior to inspection.
Viper WRL has revolutionised the process of cleaning ropes by combining CAD based design with manufacturing techniques and composite materials to deliver the Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit. This kit is used in conjunction with our Viper Rope Cleaners (VRC).
Suitable for ropes 6mm to 50mm. This custom designed collar provides a unique guide for both our standard VRC and our Smooth bore cleaners. The collar incorporates two high density polyguide bushes which keeps the collar and therefore the rope cleaners centered on the wire rope.
WHY USE THE VMRCS WIRE ROPE CLEANER?
- Effectively removes external contamination on wire ropes so visual inspection of rope can take place.
- Safer for staff, reduced lubricant usage, less leakage and mess.
- One-person job – easy to install and use.
- Reduced downtime associated with rope lubrication which improves equipment availability.
- Less wear on sheaves and winch drums.
- Removes contamination in the valleys of the rope to provide improved lubricant penetration.
- Unit has two support bushes spaced well apart giving the unit a lot of stability