Home >Addition to lithium-ion storage range
Addition to lithium-ion storage range
23 October 2019
Chemstore UK has added to its indoor storage units. The ION-LINE is a 90 minute fire rated lithium-ion battery storage and charging cabinet.
When charging lithium-ion batteries, heat can be generated and if this heat output is too high a fire may occur, for example if the lithium-ion battery, charger or the cable is defective. Another major risk factor is thermal runaway of lithium-ion batteries.
The ION-LINE allows charging of batteries overnight safe in the knowledge that they are protected by a 90 minute fire rated cabinet that has smoke detection and fire suppression built in.
Chemstore managing director, Mike Brodie, comments: "The addition of the ION-LINE to our range means that we now have lithium-ion battery storage covered with an outdoor (the Electrovault) and indoor offering as well as the option to create bespoke storage solutions.
"Standard fire-rated units just won't do when it comes to lithium-ion battery storage which is why it is important to consult a specialist such as ourselves and we are pleased to say we are fast becoming the go-to experts in this area.”
- Fire-proof lithium-ion battery box
- What to specify in a chemical warehouse
- Chemstore urges review of corrosives storage
- Get ready for winter
- Chemstore launches Electrovault for safe storage of lithium-ion batteries
- Gas cylinder storage
- Chemstore to launch Chempli
- Free chemical storage survey
- Fully segregated fire rated storage
- Remote monitoring of hazardous materials
- No related articles listed