|Home>||Health & Wellbeing||>Ergonomics||>Benefits of height-adjustable workstations|
Benefits of height-adjustable workstations
29 May 2019
Texam's height adjustable workstations are designed to provide users with a range of health benefits.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time can be damaging to health. Here, Texam outlines five benefits of being able to vary your working day balance between sitting to standing
- Lower the risk of heart disease – Everyone agrees that standing on your feet and moving is healthier than sitting down in the same position all day. By incorporating more movement in to your working day you will increase your heart rate. This will increase calories burned and help maintain your body weight.
- Reduce obesity – By burning more calories our metabolism will increase making our body healthier. In combination with a healthy diet movement also helps our digestive systems to work better. When it comes to obesity even the smallest amount of extra calories that we can burn off without even having to try too hard helps.
- Improve or reduce back pain – Many would agree that working in the same position for long periods of time can be painful. How many times have we felt a sore back, legs or shoulder pain or even a headache because we haven’t moved? Height adjustable workstations can help reduce the aches and pains by allowing us to vary our posture positions.
- Lower blood sugar levels – After we eat our blood sugars rise. The higher this level gets the worse it is for our health. High blood sugar levels can lead to diabetes. Excessive bouts of sedentary time has been linked to the risk of type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that standing helps to reduce blood sugar levels after meals.
- Increase productivity, energy and mood – Standing forces us to vary our posture to maintain body comfort. This in turn helps us to stay focussed on what we are doing and can even improve our mood. Just by moving around we can decrease where the stresses are in our bodies. When we are less stressed we are more energetic and engaging with the other tasks going on around us.
For more information on Right-Height Workstations visit Texam's website: https://www.texam.co.uk/product-category/right-height-workstations/
MORE FROM THIS COMPANY
- No related articles listed
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION