|Home>||Trade Body||>BSiF||>Tess Daly to host SHE Awards 2023|
|Home>||Industry Update||>Recognition & Reward||>Tess Daly to host SHE Awards 2023|
Tess Daly to host SHE Awards 2023
08 December 2022
TELEVISION PRESENTER Tess Daly has been confirmed as the first female host of the Safety and Health Excellence Awards, which will take place on 26 April 2023.
Tess is one of the most recognisable faces on UK television as she is the host of BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing. She becomes the first woman to ever host the Safety and Health Excellence Awards (SHE Awards) who have previously had Rory Bremner, Alistair McGowan, Hugh Dennis and the late Sean Lock as host.
In addition, guests at the Awards will enjoy a comedy set from Alasdair Beckett-King who is an award-winning comedian, writer and animator who has appeared on multiple television comedy shows including Mock the Week
Tess Daly will be sponsored on the evening by Safety Rocks who’s Founder and Managing Director Carla Crocombe is excited to be supporting the SHE Awards. She said: “We’re really excited to be sponsoring the Safety and Health Excellence Awards. Safety Rocks has been on a mission to shake-up the world of health and safety training since 2015. Health and Safety isn’t dull and all about compliance – it is about a culture of caring and keeping everyone in an organisation safe and healthy. To be able to recognise the efforts of others who have gone above and beyond in the world of health and safety is great for us.
“For far too long, Health and Safety has been seen as ‘pale, stale and (dare I say it) male’ so having Tess Daly presenting the awards is a great step towards disrupting that image of the health and safety world. It’s time to break the mould and this is a great step in that direction.”
The SHE Awards are now welcoming entries and are the perfect way to gain industry recognition for yourself, your team, a colleague, your organisation, a client, a product/service or a project/campaign.
You can enter the SHE Awards for FREE at www.she-awards.com
Deadline for Entries is 17 February 2023. The shortlist will be announced in March 2023 and the winners revealed at the SHE Awards ceremony on 26 April 2023 at The Vox, NEC Birmingham.
Photo credit: David Venni
- Quarter of construction workers consider suicide
- Council prosecuted after worker falls from cherry picker
- Health and Safety Matters Podcast - Episode 29
- Health board fined after vulnerable patient dies
- Health & safety managers have a lot on their plates
- Bakery fined after worker amputates hand
- Directors found guilty of waste crimes
- Practitioner's viewpoint Oct/Nov 19
- Create a positive work culture to prevent suicide
- Union working with government on return to work
- From the Secretary's desk
- Support for Exporting Activities
- Breathe easily with Fit2Fit
- BSIF Safety Awards 2010 launched
- Ensure you purchase safe products - look for the Registered Safety Supplier shield
- PPE Regulations - where from here?
- From the Secretary's desk
- BSIF at the Safety & Health Expo
- Campaign reduces dermatitis
- Developing better codes of practice