|Home>||Training & Development||>Conferences/ Seminars||>IIRSM announces conference speaker line-up|
IIRSM announces conference speaker line-up
24 January 2019
IIRSM’S SPEAKER line up and programme makes its annual conference this year a must attend event.
Lord Mark Price is a businessman, writer and former government Minister. A former Managing Director of Waitrose, Deputy Chairman of the John Lewis Partnership and Chairman of Business in the Community, Mark has spent over thirty years unlocking the power of people in organisations. He is passionate about creating engaged and happy workforces who in turn create longer-term sustainable success for businesses. Mark will deliver a keynote address that explores the importance of brave and inclusive leadership and how to achieve an engaged and empowered workforce.
Dr Emma Soane is Assistant Professor of Management, London School of Economics will set the scene for the day. Dr Soane's research examines how individual differences, team working and organisational environments influence decisions, performance and risk taking.
Her keynote address - entitled Leading risk: Visibility, alignment and climate – will cover how individual differences, team working and organisational environments influence decisions, performance and risk taking. Delegates will hear Emma’s thoughts on how the right climate is achieved and what dividends can it bring.
The theme of the conference - People, building resilience – is underpinned by a programme that will provide practical insights that will benefit delegates as individuals, as well as their organisation.
Other speakers include:
- Ruth Denyer, Group Operational Risk Director, ITV
- David Wilson, Head of Risk, Security and Compliance, Serco plc
- Hazel Carter, Director, Carter Corson business psychologists
- Karla Gahan, Deputy Global Head of Risk and Advisory, VinciWorks
- Pamela Gellatly, CEO, healthcare rm
The day will end with a complimentary drinks reception where delegates can network and meet the speakers in person.
The conference is on 28 March at One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London. At just £199 + VAT until 31 January you are advised to book early.
Visit www.iirsm.org/conf2019 to find out more.
- Quarry worker injured in unguarded machine
- Action plan to speed up removal of unsafe cladding
- Construction site noise breaches up 25%
- HSE issues gas safety check warning
- Health and Safety Matters Podcast - Episode 27
- Waste company fined after explosion injuries
- End firefighter abuse, urges LFB
- HSM Podcast - Episode 3
- Plan demolition properly, urges HSE
- Speciality Gas company fined after employee overcome by fumes
- Quick hitch safety road shows
- Key speakers for seminars
- Event to share best practice
- Free safety seminars
- Health & Safety '10 goes north
- Online resource
- Inspectors courses still
- Tackling Scotland's safety challenges
- Building knowledge and developing confidence
- "Businesses must make time to practise and train"