|Home>||Plant & Machinery||>Hand Arm Vibration||>HAVS: Know your numbers|
HAVS: Know your numbers
23 February 2021
MEASURING AN individuals’ exposure to vibration has never been more important. Despite the Control of Vibration at Work legislation being in force since 2005, the reported incidences of HAVS and the number of fines issued (and cost!) has increased.
The Regulations state that ‘To protect employees from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS), and to comply with the Vibration Regulations, employers need to assess the risks from vibration and plan how to control them’.
The Pulsar vB is the ideal instrument to do this. This powerful little meter measures the vibration of handheld power tools, specifically it measures, the HSE Exposure Points and the time to reach the Exposure Action Value (EAV) andExposure Limit Value (ELV) for each power tool.
Simple to use: fix to your tool, switch on and press record
Triaxial accelerometer for X, Y, Z measurements
Measures: Arms, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, HSE Exposure Points, EAV, ELV
Large clear display to view everything you need
Colour coded measurements so you know if there's a problem
Large memory to keep your measurements safe
Download to the vB Plus Software for reporting
For more information, visit www.pulsarinstruments.com
- First Direct Arena adds Pulsar Nova noise measurement meter to its supporting cast
- Learn to measure and manage noise in just one day!
- Save up to 30% on a new sound meter
- New overseas sales strategy
- No fuss noise measurement
- Noise awareness dates
- Intuitive design
- Pulsar introduces a wearable noise dosimeter
- Noise Training Courses for 2021
- New Pulsar Noise Awareness Courses increase understanding of measurement and control of noise in the workplace