When A-SAFE invented the world’s first flexible, polymer-based barrier in 2001 it transformed health and safety and barrier protection in the industrial workplace.
The core properties of A-SAFE barriers then, remain in place today – on impact from a workplace vehicle, A-SAFE barriers flex, absorb 80% of the impact forces, then reform to their original state.
This principle alone saves companies vast amounts on their health and safety budgets. Replacement barriers, manpower and downtime are greatly reduced and the ultra-low maintenance properties of the MemaplexTM polymer (no repainting, non-scratch, non-corrosive, no substrate repairs) means the return on investment is increased even further – and is fast and permanent.
When A-SAFE barriers were installed in the baggage handling area in Gatwick Airport, barrier maintenance and replacement costs were cut from £100,000 per year, to just £3,000 over a five-year period.
In 2016, A-SAFE launched the iFlex barrier range, enhancing the company commitment to protect people and property in the industrial workplace:
- Posts are now 400% stronger and rails 60% stronger and longer, creating a safer, more economical system.
- A built-in modularity gives customers ultimate flexibility, allowing barriers to move or adapt as a facility changes.
- Hygiene seals and an absence of ingress points are revolutionary for sensitive manufacturing industries such as food and drink or pharmaceutical.
- A multi-directional capability allows the barriers to fit better and more economically in to any facility, removing the hard angles that can often be the cause of accidents.
In addition to improved safety, A-SAFE barriers carry other benefits which can improve the performance of a facility and offer an even stronger return on investment:
- A well-protected, well-organised, modern looking facility not only protects a business’s assets, it reassures and invigorates the personnel, boosting productivity and morale in the process.
- A seamless, streamlined exterior combines with a uniform cylindrical design to create an organised aesthetic appeal for modern workplaces.
- A carbon footprint reduction of 450% over steel equivalents, taking into account the manufacturing processes, reduced maintenance demands and vastly decreased need for replacement barriers.
A-SAFE products are for use in most industrial environments, including: warehousing, factories, facilities management, airports, car parks, food and drink manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive manufacturing, cold storage, distribution centres, retail outlets, rail, transport depots and more.
Fully Tested & Compliant
All A-SAFE barriers are fully tested in-house using in-depth FEA analysis on independently-approved equipment so they meet – and surpass – all relevant regulations.
A-SAFE use a scientific understanding of the impact forces created by workplace vehicles at different speeds, loads and angles in order to always install barriers that are fit for purpose.
Some of A-SAFE’s clients are: Amazon, Unilever, Nestlé, 3M, IKEA, BMW, Jaguar Landrover, Lego, Caterpillar, UPS, Coca-Cola, Heineken, Smurfit Kappa, Proctor and Gamble, MARS, Kimberly Clark, Kuehne + Nagel, Volkswagen.
Awards & Accolades
2014 – The Queen’s Award for International Trade
2015 – The iF Award for innovation for the iFlex RackGuard
2015 – A-SAFE were placed #33rd in The Sunday Times Top 100 of the fastest growing UK SME exporters
2016 – iFlex barrier range won the iF Award in the Industry/Skilled Trades category
Pedestrian +3 iFlex Barrier will segregate pedestrians from work vehicles and clearly define walkways from traffic routes.
Traffic Double-Rail iFlex Barriers offer robust protection and strong segregation of people and workplace vehicles.
The RackGuard fixes to leg racking and offers unbeatable protection and reinforcement for these vital structures.
Extremely strong product for high intensity impact areas, offering protection and segregation.
The Micro iFlex Barrier protects from light duty, low level impacts from hand powered machinery.
Large goal post barrier designed to protect doorways from impacts.
Traffic+ iFlex Barrier is an extremely strong product for high intensity traffic impact areas
1/4 (1 to 20 of 71)